26 August, 2012

Robertson Quay Singapore - Brunch @ Hummerstons

It was a hazy and lazy Sunday afternoon...we missed breakfast and decided to make up for it by going out for brunch. We've heard some mixed reviews of Hummerstons, mainly that it's too expensive for what you get, and also lacks local Singaporean atmosphere being in the heavily expatriated area of Robertson Quay. Putting such comments aside, we decided to try a Hummersons brunch for ourselves. It's slightly hidden and is located on the 2nd level of 11 Unity street. (Take the escalator which is situated by the taxi rank by Wine Connection, turn right at the top of the escalators and Hummerstons is at the very end of the walkway). We ordered the Breakfast Tostada, Hummerstons Brunch Burger and the Tarte a Roon to share for dessert - all of which were fantastic. Although the total bill was quite high at SG$88, we thought it was worth it as an occasional treat. I would definitely recommend the burger, and the dessert Tarte a Roon was absolutely to die for - warm caramelised apple and raisins with a hint of cinnamon spice atop a large macaroon,  finished with pecan ice cream! 

We really liked the indoor decor of Hummersons, which had a retro laid back vibe, and the alfresco section, where we sat, was a nice people watching space. It overlooked a pleasant pedestrianised square, with several water features and many characteristic arches and even had a charming footbridge. 








I wore double 'daisies' to brunch today, I bought the shorts a few months ago at Zara, and was incredibly pleased to find the matching sheer chiffon blouse just a couple of weeks ago in the sale! I always have to think twice/thrice about purchasing full price items at particular global high street stores in Asia, as I know how much cheaper they may be in Europe. It's always disheartening putting back that item which I love so much, but with my salary - I cannot justify it. So yes, I was pretty happy to find this pretty print blouse in the ZARA sale to go with the matching shorts I bought a few months earlier! I complimented the busy print with simple accessories: simple nude mary-jane flats, my trusty Vintage Chanel bag, and my simple fan gold tone vintage necklace, bought in a small vintage boutique in Notting Hill London.




No comments:

Post a Comment